7.16.2011

Are you doubting?

I was reading book #29 Breakout! in the Left Behind the Kid's Series, by Jenkins and LaHaye tonight and came across this quote :

"If there's one thing I know, it's that God has a purpose for things. Everything fits together like a puzzle, but we're looking at it from a human angle. All we can see is the misisng pieces. He sees the big picture and knows how it all fits."


I believe everyone in life needs to hear this and remember that the Lord really is in charge. If I learned anything in my first year of marriage it is that. God is in Control no matter how much I worry about things, God will provide and take care of the situation. I truly believe that I was living life to much in control when B lost his medical certificate back in October and The Lord knew I needed to have my eyes opened to this truth. Everything got changed, I felt like my world had fallen apart, nothing is how I thought it would be. I was losing faith in everything. Then I prayed....and I prayed hard, for a sign that the lord really was listening to me and was there for me. I prayed that prayer on a Saturday, I got my sign the very next day in church, Pastor Walter Wood gave a sermon in the Signs of Life series at our church, North Cincinnati Community Church.


The main takeaways from this sermon for me " Everything happens in the Lord's time, we are not in charge HE IS!" "If you Believe you will see the glory of God, just hang in there." Jesus is in control, he may delay things, but he is in control! There is no answer or delays sometimes to our Prayers, but as long as we believe we will see the Glory of God, eventually! "The Lord never sleeps, he is always working, and he hasn't forgotten us"


As Walter was saying these things, I had to stifle a laugh, as this was my sign that the Lord really was there, he was listening to me....I felt like a fool for losing hope but I prayed again, a prayer of Thanks to the Lord, and now I truly believe the way the last year of my life has been was so that I would lean more on the Lord, less on myself!


God is Good!


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day as enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

0 Thoughts From Readers: